I have never liked the phone. It is too impersonal to me. I have such a hard time having long conversations with people when I can't see their face and read their emotions. Now for long distance friendships, there is no other way to go. Anyway, I hate when the phone rings and lots of times I don't answer it. Now everything is different. I want the phone to ring and it has been, but Christy is never on the other end. I swear my phone has never rung so much as it did Friday and today.
No news : ( but right now I am at peace. My friends took me out to dinner tonight to celebrate being #1. Check with me in a few days though and it might be another matter. I have a new respect for Autumn and being #1.
P.S. I NEVER carry my cell phone anywhere. It is just in the car for emergencies. I have to carry it EVERYWHERE now. It is so bad, I changed my pants this morning, because I didn't have a pocket to put it in!




9 comments:
Oh AMY! You are so wonderful and so funny. I loved that you changed clothes for your phone! Your turn is very near. I am praying for you ever day--well multiple times a day!
Glad you went out to celebrate--
Melissa
Hey Amy,
I truly hope you will do better than I did waiting at #1. I also hope that you don't ever lose the excitment - for me after about 3 weeks the excitement just turned to frustration and anxiety - I certainly hope it won't be that long and that you won't have to experience anything but the excitement phase! Hang in there - it is ALL worth it!!
Autumn
The phone can be such a burden at times--never more so than when you are waiting for it to ring with good news. C'mon Christy, give this girl a call!
Praying for your daughter!
Oh man. We're ALL anxious for you! I still can't get over how crazy last week was with referrals. I have never been so excited for so many people I didn't really know in my life!
Of course, it helps that when other people get referrals that means I'm that much closer to my baby girl!
Much love, Sarah
PS Funny how last week I was thrilled to have moved to number 14...now it seems unbearably far away and I can't wait to move again!
Oh Amy...I am you with you on the love/ hate thing with the phone...I am praying for you. Everytime I check my reader, I hold my breath for news from you :) God Bless...Shannon
ha ha -- I LOVE that you had to change your pants just for a pocket. Too funny. Yay for being numero uno!!!
It will happen and I pray it is soon! Oh I pray it is soon!
Amy, So funny about the cell phone pocket story! We're all waiting anxiously with you!
I am sooo excited for you when you get the call!! i am not a cell phone person either (something about feeling trapped by a phone on my hip). So it was so strange carrying it everywhere with me when we were waiting for the call. So I totally know how it feels!! I also relate to being emotional. I really was SOOO messy during our process--great faith, great patience, great valleys, great anxiety. Soooo hard being whipped around. I am soooo excited and eager for you!! You were such an instrumental prayer warrior for me during our adoption--it is a privilege for me to join with you in prayer as you wait!! XOXO
Post a Comment