Friday, September 12, 2008

Almaz

Today was such an exciting day, because we had an opportunity to meet the amazing Almaz. She is just as wonderful as everyone says she is. The woman has a beautiful, caring heart and is truly a servant of our Lord. She KNOWS these children. Ask her about any of them at Hannah's Hope and she can give you details to their personalities and hearts that only someone who truly cared about them would be able to observe and know. She genuinely cares about each of them as individuals. I can't imagine anyone that has more of a genuine love for each of these children and it warms my heart to know that she will be in charge of the care of my daughter until I can come get her. Her care for them does not end when they leave Hannah's Hope and arrive into their families arms. She was literally thrilled to see each of the children there and spent a lot of her time taking pictures of them all. It was obvious that she was still very interested in each child and enjoyed catching up with each family. (There were a lot of picture taken, as you can see from all the cameras in this one!)


She also spent time with families like ours who are waiting to meet their children. She also seemed to know the names of the families waiting, at least those that are pretty close.


Sorry this one is so dark, but here are all the families with children home who attended the picnic. Lots of fun trying to get that many people to stay together.




Here we are with Christy. I sure think it is a privilege that we live so close to AGCI and that we get to see and meet all these people. This is the third time I have had a face-to-face conversation with Christy in 9 months.



They had a pinata and bubbles to help keep the kids entertained.



What an amazing day! Not only did I get to meet Almaz, but Ron & Jan Beazley were there along with Doug & Hollen Frazier and Hannah!!

Now for all of you waiting out there, nothing specific was said, but you sure got the impression that once the courts reopen things will really get moving again. I got the distinct impression that we shouldn't still be waiting for a referral in December (that will be 8 months for us and within their 6-8 month waiting guideline)! Praise God!

12 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I am jealous!!!! I wish so badly that I could've gone!!!!! Wow you met the Beasley's teh the Frazier's and Hannah!!!!!! What an AWESOME day!!!! Can you put pictures of them on your blog!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Michelle

Jana said...

oh how fun!!! Just like Michelle, I really am so jealous (in a good way if there is one....:)). Amy, it's so exciting, you'll be looking at your little girl very soon!

cb4swife said...

OK...me too...I am slightly jealous too. Tahnsk for what you posted for us waiting folks...I got teary eyed when I read and thought, "We will get to meet our little guy soon." It has been feeling lately like it is never going to happen...God Bless...Shannon

Michael and Michelle said...

OK, it's 2:00 in the afternoon and I'm still jealous!!!! I really wish I would've just used our "flier miles" and just gone to the picnic!! What was I thinking.
I am so happy you got to go!!
Michelle

Three2Five said...

I have to say it. I am jealous too! You know the good kind of jealous!

Dawn said...

How fun!! Thanks for sharing!

The Redman's said...

I'm so glad you guys were there! I just wish we would have been able to chat more. I can never stay focused long enough to have a decent conversation while I have two active youngins' running around.... falling in the river, not paying attention by the swings... :)I still think the mommas need to plan an outing out sometime.. meet in Seattle for something fun, maybe??? :)

-Suzi

The Gresham Clan said...

What a great recap. So did you see me running in at 6:30? I didn't even get a chance to say hi to you and your fam. - I'm so bummed! Did you have a great time at the picnic? Wasn't it so amazing to see Almaz - she is amazing huh?!!! So excited for Sept. to fly and for you to know who your precious daughter is! Like Suzi said, we totally should plan a mom's night in Seattle - that would be a blast!

Kristin

Jana said...

You can copy me anytime Amy, I'm honored.:)

Maria and Family said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I would love to meet Christy someday. Love the pictures :) Maria

Lori said...

Sounds like a great time. And also very encouraging about your wait time!

Sarah said...

So glad to have finally met you and your family in person! We talked with Hannah too, not knowing who she was at the time, but later saying to eachother, "Oh my goodness, was that HANNAH?!" LOL I can't believe our luck in getting there so late -- WAAHHH!

Sarah
#18 girls list