One of the requirements of accepting our referral is that we are required to have all N's medical information and photos checked by an international pediatrician. They specialize in adoption and can read faces for signs of genetic disorders, etc. and are able to read the medical reports and know what is typical of children in foreign countries. The doctor was pleased with her growth since being at Hannah's Hope (they are superstars at plumping up these babes) although by American standards she is still relatively small for her age. My heart skipped a beat when the pediatrician said she had a diagnosis for us...she diagnosed her as being terminally cute! : ) Of course we think so, but then we are a little biased!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Official Acceptance
Since that is done, we have officially accepted N's referral. It is not legal at this point and that is why we can not share her name or photos. The next 3-5 months are going to be a mixture of excitement and difficulty as we wait to bring home the newest member of our family. We know God's timing is perfect, we just continue to pray for peace as we wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




19 comments:
As Napoleon Dynamite would say, LUCKY! So excited for you guys. Jealous, but excited! ;)
Sarah
YEAH!!! We "officially" accepted our yesterday. I agree about this next phase...I am jsut so excited for you and your family! God Bless...Shannon
So excited for you!!
Michelle
You know being terminally cute is a very serious illness. But I hope she doesn't recover. So happy for you Amy!
Oh.... I'm so excited for you!!! What a thrilling moment. I can't wait until I'm in your shoes... so I'll vicariously through you until then!!
Thank you for your encouraging words too by the way... You're very thoughtful.
Yay for you guys!!!
Hope your wait goes quickly. Surprisingly, ours has flown. Of course the past 2 weeks since courts reopened have crawled, but the other 2 1/2 months really flew!!
so awesome!!!
I can't wait to see her face!
You better send me the same email as Bethany.......I am right there with her.
Did you like your international pediatrician? We are still looking for one.
So glad to hear that the referral is offical. One step closer!
Very Exciting!!!!
So very exciting Amy! Thanks for all you've done in this numbers game! Now on to waiting some more.
Jennifer
WAHOO!!!!
Thanks for the comment! 3-5 months? really? I guess I have been so wrapped up in the referral time line to realize.... Praying that your time goes much quicker:) much much quicker....
I tagged you!
so excited for you guys...I can't wait to be in your shoes...kristi
You're alive! I was getting worried with a week of no blogs... :)
This is just soooo exciting!!
Post a Comment