Today I became a mother of three. In a sense I got to meet my daughter. The fuzzy images that came to mind when I used to try and imagine her have been replaced with a clear picture. I know what she looks like. I know how old she is. I am a mother of three.
(Warning this is a little long, but it is my place to remember this day.)
Monday is story time at the library so we headed there as we do every other Monday morning. I slipped my phone in my pocket (yes, I wore jeans and they had pockets!) but I turned the ringer down in case anyone called. Now NO ONE ever calls my cell phone (remember I have a real aversion to phone conversations) but I didn't want to be the mom that interrupted story time because my phone rang for the first time in 100 years (yes, I do have friends.) Now I shouldn't have worried about interrupting story time because with over 30 kids 5 and under it isn't too quiet. Anyway, I digress. I saw Traci there and she was asking me how it was going. She really didn't have to deal with the wait list because last year there were only like 10 families adopting at a time. After story time, we stayed and played for a while.
At almost 11:30, I dragged my children from the library (they love it there) and loaded them up in the van. As I was about to get in, I pulled my phone from my pocket and noticed I had a message that had been left at 11:06 a.m. I figured it was my dashing husband, because he is the only one that calls me. Much to my surprise when I listened to the message it was Christy. She said, "Hi this is Christy. I have something I want to talk to you about. Give me a call when you can." I KNEW what that meant. I absolutely started shaking with excitement. I ran to Traci as she was loading her boys up and she was like CALL HER BACK! I misdialed the AGCI Washington number and my favorite social worker in the world answered and I was slightly confused. After explaining that I was trying to return THE CALL, I hung up and redialed the correct number. It went straight to Christy's voicemail! How dare she be away from her phone when she had such news for me! I left her a message and said I would be home in about 35 minutes and to call me after noon.
We arrived home at 11:50 and I got the kids playing, advised them to please play quietly for a few minutes and called Christy back. As soon as I knew positively that this was THE CALL, all I heard was blah, blah, blah, your daughter's name is.., she was born...., blah,blah,blah. I heard all the good stuff and just kind of tried to listen to the rest, without much success. Luckily they know you are only focused on the child and e-mail you everything they are telling you!
I didn't respond how I thought I would. I figured I would be blubbering, but no tears I feel like I am in a state of shock, that I am sure will wear off soon. I can't believe God has finally let us meet our little girl.
I immediately called J and told him me was a father of three! He told me I was crazy if I waited for him to get home to see the pictures, so I of course opened them! I rechecked my e-mail and realized that Christy had sent 5 more e-mails all with pictures. We were blessed to receive over 70 pictures of our daughter! I told him how adorable she is, but of course I may be a little biased!
We called everyone we needed to and now am so pleased to share the news with everyone else. Unfortunately, we aren't able to share any information about her until we pass through courts and she legally becomes our daughter. So no names or photos until we bring her home which looks like it will be January or February.
I went to my small group tonight (two of my closest friends are in it) and shared my news. They have really been instrumental in helping me through this journey, as have so many others. When one of them closed in prayer and thanked God for the gift of my daughter I was brought to tears. All the emotions that I have felt for the past 10 months were finally all let out and the fact that I am now a mother of three started to sink in. Praise be to God!




26 comments:
What a wonderful record of this awesome day! Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you got 70 photos! What an unbelievable blessing!
OHHHH-- I've been waiting for this post all day!!! And on week 24-- I KNEW it would be today-- God just has that great of a sense of humor!! :) Congratulations. I'm just tooooo excited for you guys!!!!
If you want to share any info over email.... I'd be glad to be on the receiving end. :) :)
Enjoy the state of shock!!!
-Suzi
Amy, Congratulations!!! I have been eagerly anticipating this fantastic news by checking your blog everyday! God's timing is perfect and I am so happy to hear that your daughter is almost to you. I know it has been quite a wait. Thanks for sharing your story of the day. You will be glad you have that story sometime to share with your little girl. Blessings to your whole family - all 5 of you!
Love -
Karen
CONGRATULATIONS Amy!!!! I am SOOO thrilled for you and the blessing God has brought to you and your family. 24 is one special number (maybe that should be the theme of your new baby girl's room - ha ha)!! Praise be to God for this incredible news Amy!!!
Kristin
PS - Ditto what Suzi said - I'd be a taker too :).
Congratulations, Mom of 3! SOOO exciting! Enjoy the shock and awe!
Jennifer
I am crying...no really I am! I am SO happy for you. What a wonderiful day. I cant wait to meet her in a few months, well at least see the pictures. It has been so fun waiting with you since we met you. I can wait for that day to come for us. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Amy, I am so excited for you, I can barely stand it!!!! So happy. So happy that it is finally your turn. You have encouraged others so well and so thoroughly, it's time to celebrate for you. I bet she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
I think that's supposed to be bearly stand it, woops! I must have lost my clothes I was so excited...:)
Praising God with you.
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
Amy, I am so excited for you. Congratulations! Enjoy this new phase in the adoption!! You are one giant step closer!
Autumn
So happy for you! I have been checking back everyday waiting to hear and thought that it might be today! Can you say how old she is?
-Sarah
YAY YAY YAY!! WAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled!! I am BEAMING with excitement for you!!! :) :) :) thank you Lord for our children!!
Amy,
I am so thrilled for you!!! I have been teary for the past couple of days and just thinking of you recieving your referral made me cry once again:) I love that you got THE CALL on the 24th week!
I am still praising God for our sweet blessings!!!!
Michelle
I can't believe the day fianlly came! I'm begining to get a little antsy seeing both you and Autumn have referrals now. I know God's timing is perfect, and probably soon, but knowing that people who started after us have a referral makes me want mine too! Congrats on your little girl, I can't wait to see pictures!
Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you, I should have known it would come when I couldn't check your blog. I am excited to hear all about her and see her sweet face, I am sure she is precious!
AHHHHHHH!
Tickled PINK for you!!!! Praise God!!!!!
So exciting!!!! Can't wait until you can show pic's!!
To God be all the Glory!!!!! He is soooo Awesome, and I'm so excited that He's on our side:O) Congratulations mommy of three, and daddy too!!! I'm praying you don't have to wait until jan or feb, that's just so hard:O( I didn't cry right away either, like I thought I would, but it came later and was such a sweet release. God is so Good. I'm rejoicing with you!!!!
Lots of Love,
Jenn
Oh Amy--as I said to you earlier--that little girl is so incredibly fortunate--CONGRATULATIONS on finally knowing who your baby girl is. I am so very excited for you--we've been neck and neck in this process all along--I don't know what I'd do if you weren't right there for this next step.
Words can't describe! HE is so Good! So Good!
Love, hugs, and little girls mother of three,
Melissa
I am tip toeing in here...I am truly happy for you. That is all it has been :) :) You are truly blessed !!!!!! Maria
Praise God! We are so excited for you. What a journey you have been on. We cannot wait to hear more about your precious little one. We will continue to pray!
OK, I didn't realize that you'd gotten THE CALL when you ordered stuff!! YAY!!!!! I have been checking your blog like 3 times a day, but yesterday my blogger wasn't updating for some reason...CONGRATS! God is so good!
Yeah!! I'm so excited for you guys....such a great post about it..It brought tears to my eyes...so happy for you, Kristi
I loved chatting with you yeasterday, I am here for you girl, just a few miles too :)!
Love Nat
So happy for you !!!!!!!
Post a Comment