It amazes me how God made men and women sooooo different. How I have handled the waiting for our daughter is completely different than how my husband has handled it. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I talk about it all the time. My husband is no less excited. He just doesn't show it like I do.
He is always curious about what I am posting on the blog. The other night he was looking at the pictures of Bug's tantrum and he saw the ticker on the side and asked about it. I told him that the 5 months, 1 week and 3 days was how long we have been on the waitlist. His brilliant words were, "Wow, that is a long time!" In my head I was thinking, "Now you know why I have been going a little crazy lately!"
P.S. Since this revelation of our time on the waitlist, he is getting a little antsy too!
P.P.S. Now it is 5 months, 1 week and 5 days...but who's counting : )

Look what I found at the store yesterday! I love this stuff, but I thought for sure it didn't come out until at least Novemeber last year. It isn't even October and the holiday creamers have hit the shelf. I don't usually indulge in creamer, but all reason goes out the window when peppermint is in the picture : )




9 comments:
That's my favorite too! But I'm a regular creamer buyer, anything to keep me away from Starbucks! It's my daily indulgence.
I LOVE that stuff!! I'm going to have to go get some. It is funny how diferent men and women are. My husband actually took the waiting much harder than I did. He went into a depression, while I was destracted with caring for a newborn. He SWORE he would never go through another adoption. Now he is talking about the next one! =) I hope your wait isn't much longer.
Wow! It has been a long time:( Just think, you are the first baby girl referral when Almaz is back!! I can't stand it I'm so excited!!!
Michelle
I'm coming to your house for coffee!! yeah-- my hubby was the same. Sometimes I just wanted to say, "aren't you excited?!?!?" Of course he was, he's just a guy! :) Hang in there-- your call is coming.
-Suzi
hey there! we are also a adopting with agci! it was so great to find your blog! now i will be checking in often to find out all about your referral! can't wait!
Hi Amy! My husband is the same way! I see a pattern here =).
When we talked about it once he said it just doesn't seem real to him yet. He said his excitement will be more intense when he's finally holding his baby boy (I thought that was cute).
Sorry ladies, I'm not with ya on the peppermint thing...I'm a french vanilla girl all the way =)
I love that creamer too..I had no idea it was out yet...and Yes, men were made so differently...My hubby has no idea whats going on with our adoption..I just update him from time to time...(: too funny, kj
Oh baby, that creamer is soooo good. Almost as good as a peppermint mocha at starbucks. (at least, that's what i tell myself)
Praying for your call!!!
Praying that this is your week! P.S.--Our "waits" brought out the differences in my husband & I, as well!
Post a Comment