Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Week 2

I can't believe that 2 weeks have passed already. At times it seems so slow and at others it is moving quickly.

I am a huge planner and I get so uncomfortable when I am not prepared. My husband gets irritated, because I take so much stuff everywhere we go. I am prepared for any type of weather and about any event imaginable usually. That requires a lot of stuff when you have two little kids. Thank goodness we have the minivan!

Anyway, I am not good at winging it and that is kind of how I feel it will be from here on out. With the change in policy, no one really knows what that will do to the wait time. With no referral in 6 weeks it is really hard to tell. I continuously try not to limit God, because I have seem too many things happen that were beyond my expectations. We could have a referral this summer or it could be December. It is just hard sitting in a 4-8 month time frame, because that window is so big.

Waiting is weird too, because previously you have been going like gang busters to get everything done. Now it's done and I feel really lost. I thrive on doing my part to accomplish something and now I can't do anything else to get my little girl home. I just have to wait and trust in the LORD.

(On a side not, we are still waiting for our FDL, so this change in process has been a good thing for us. We filed and were fingerprinted 5 weeks ago now.)

I continue to lift those traveling in my prayers, as well as those waiting for their travel call and those waiting for their referral. LORD, you are capable of anything. Move the mountains that seem to have built up and get some children home.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I am such a planner to and I HATE NOT KNOWING! I will be praying you have a referral soon....

Brian and Autumn said...

I second that prayer request!! :)

Rachel said...

I sympathize with you...i always check your blog hoping for some news of your little one or a picture of her, we are anxiously awaiting too...

Dawn said...

I'm a huge planner too, so I feel your pain! You'd think that they would start giving out referrals soon? I'm praying you move down that list quickly!

~Dawn

Anonymous said...

I so understand the craziness of the paperwork and all of a sudden, it stops. and you have nothing to do to move things along. now it is resting in the hands of others. its hard.

i'm very curious to see you pack for this trip, since you are so thorough and prepared!

xoxo,
karen

Heckert's Highway said...

Girl, I feel your pain!!! I can't believe that there have been no referrals in so long! I'm praying that Ethiopia reconsiders their new policies. Hang in there, I'm still praying, and I know that others are too.
Love ya,
jenn