Thursday, May 22, 2008

Drought

This is absolutely overwhelming. Pray for this country. Let our hearts weep for them. Stand up and do all we can for them.

Please read here Starvation claiming Ethiopia's tiniest


and here UNICEF seeks additional funds to aid children affected by Ethiopia's growing food crisis


and here Food costs strain efforts to save starving Ethiopian children


WHAT CAN YOU DO?????

Fill the Cup!
It takes just 25 US cents to fill one of the "Red Cups" that the World Food Programme uses to give hungry children a regular school meal of porridge, rice or beans. US$15 would feed 10 children for a week.



5 comments:

Jana said...

Thanks for the info Amy, it just seems crazy that this is still happening.

The Gresham Clan said...

I have such a hard time leaving a comment on your blog for some reason :) - I think it's my slow internet :)!

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing about this. I love the red cup idea and will totally support that. You are so great about advocating for Africa - I love that about you!

Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm praying that your continued wait is filled with God's grace and revelations about how we wants to continue to use you through this whole adoption journey. It's amazing to see the work He is continually doing!

So looking forward to seeing you this summer and getting everyone together. It will be a blast!

You're wonderful Amy!

Kristin

Michael and Michelle said...

Just checking in to see how things are going. Man, you've been "waiting" for over a month already.....time is flying!!!
I hope all is well with you and your family.
Michelle

Dawn said...

That article is just heartbreaking!

~dawn

Michelle Riggs said...

Thank you so much for getting the word out about Ethiopia's crisis. It breaks my heart that so many are suffering.

How are you doing?