Thursday, May 22, 2008

1 month down

and only 5-7 more to go! I spoke to our case manager today, because I wanted to check on our parameters. I also asked about the wait and we do fall into the 6-8 month wait because of our large number on the list. That got me thinking and I went and checked a few blogs to see how long the wait for referrals has been so far. On the blogs, the longest wait to this point has been 18 weeks, although there are those still waiting for a referral that are up to 19 weeks and beyond. These are families who started out at #15. We started at #24, so we have a waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyysssssssssss to go.

Praying for those families that have been waiting so long. It has got to be hard to be so close to your babes, yet not quite there.

About waiting, doesn't immediate gratification take away from some of the pleasure of what you desire? I would not love this child any less if I had her in my arms tomorrow, but this time God gives me waiting for her can be a gift if I let it. He has changes to make in all of us, if we allow him. What can I do with this time to make myself a better person/mother? How can I better prepare myself for a third child? Don't worry, next month (or maybe even tomorrow) I will be cursing the wait.

Also, Christy wouldn't change my numbers. She said she would call next week and they are waiting for acceptances. Are these new referrals we haven't heard about or the ones from the last week? Wishful thinking, I know.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

thanks for the tip on the classes - we'll definitely do that! waiting must be soooo hard - i can't imagine. we're so wrapped up in paperwork right now, but once that's all done...time will just crawl i'm sure. let's hope more referrals come next week!

~dawn

Unknown said...

I was surprised when I saw that you have already been on the waiting list for a month. Wow, I know it is still going to be a while, but there's still a chance your daughter could be at HH when we travel--if we get to travel before the courts close. I don't know how Dee Dee did it waiting over 12 weeks.

Press in and press on, you are truly a wonderful support for all of us in the blog world. We are here for you, too.

Sharon

Samantha said...

Waiting is so hard. You are in my prayers.

Heckert's Highway said...

I'm still waiting with you. So this must be what it's like to have a referral! Hang in there girl, I'm hanging in there with you:O) Lots of Love, Jenn