Don't be fooled by the Lakers jersey this is not a basketball video, but instead a powerful video about the wealth and entitlement we feel as Americans. It also shows you what your dollar is really worth around the world.
According to Global Rich List (GlobalRichList.com), if you earn $37,000 per year, you are in the top 4 percent of wage earners in the world. If you earn $50,000 per year, you are in the top 1 percent of wage earners in the world. Put in that perspective, most of us are doing just fine and would be considered rich.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Think of Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Sorry I haven't posted earlier, but sometimes I can't post on your blog - but I think it's gonna work this time :)! Thank you so much for your encouraging words and the Psalm 40:5 verse - I love that verse. In fact, I just read it last night in bed :)! How God reminds of us things....
I am super excited for you and getting done with your paperwork! Yeah, now just the FDL.
It's so true about our wealth - we have SOOO much when others have so little. Being thankful is where I want to be :). Thanks for sharing this...
Kristin
That video is so convicting! I wake up everyday and wonder how it is that I get to be so blessed and others suffer so greatly. Thanks for posting that and for the comments on our blog. We are excited to be moving along. Congrats on getting your dossier in.
This video is exactly what my husband and I have been talking about a lot lately. Thanks for sharing... I think I may have to post this on my blog.
It happens every so often when I try to leave a comment. I usually just try later. It might be b/c I have slower DSL internet. I don't think it's your blog :).
I like the new background - lookin' good :)!
Kristin
Very humbling
Very Convicting.......
Post a Comment