Praise God our dossier arrived safely at AGCI today. It has already been checked and one mistake was found. The notary on our police clearances wrote the wrong expiration date for her commission. Luckily, we have PLENTY of time to get it redone and back to AGCI. There is no real rush because of the possible 120 day wait-see post below. I already called the Sheriff's office and they are getting a new one ready for me and I will mail it off to AGCI. If AGCI receives it by Friday, our dossier will be off to DC for authentication that day or next Tuesday at the latest. How exciting!
On a sad note, because we have moved on to the next phase in this process, I will only get phone calls from AGCI once a month, instead of weekly. They are also trying something new and one month we will get a call from the program director and then the next month it will be from our case worker. I will continue to look forward to those bi-monthly e-mails. On the next one, we will be in the Dossiers in Office/Authentication/En Route to Ethiopia/In Ethiopia and waiting on CIS approval versus the Families Working on their Dossiers category. Yipee!!





8 comments:
Hi Amy, I am finally getting around to posting on your blog. Thanks so much for introducing yourself on mine! I am so familiar with all the towns you mention because we moved back here from Vancouver, Washington a little over a year ago. I'm feeling your pain re: that dang FDL, how hard can it be to stamp a little piece of paper and say yes...get an orphan over here quick! Hang in there! Jana
Oh the FDL wait.....I feel your pain. We waited 104 days! It was hard because I was expecting it much sooner. I would go to the mail every day, (from 3 weeks after printing until we got)just thinking "this is the day" and it wouldn't be.
Pray for a quick return but don't expect it. I was let down every day.
I will join you in prayer.
Michelle
Amy,
That's awesome that your dossier is there. Now you'll get your FDL and suddenly be a number. I have no doubt you'll have your FDL sooner than 4 weeks.
The once a month phone call is not fun, but the bi-weekly emails are fun to read. You'll see yourself moving to different sections of that list and feel that you are moving forward. How young are you looking for?
I will be praying that your FDL arrives very soon.
Sharon
Congratulations! I will pray that this step will be quick and painless.
Yaaayyy!! We had the same issue with the police clearance:O) I am so happy for you! How long is the wait for a referral after you get you FDL? I'm praying it comes quickly!!! Love ya, Jenn
Do you remeber that feeling of giving it to the mail person and just hanging onto it a little extra harder becuase it was like your handing them your child. Really you are :) hehe
Amy,
praying for safe travel for that Dos.
xoxo
Natalie
Congrats on your dossier being done!
WAHOO! Progress!! Isn't mailing off that grand dossier an AWESOME feeling?! YAY!
Post a Comment