Saturday, March 1, 2008

Home Visit

(Here is the family playing outside this morning, while I was straightening everything up for our home visit.)

The most wonderful social worker in the whole world just left our house. Our home visit went great and the kids did fabulous. (I know no kids are perfect, but I really didn't want to deal with a meltdown while we were trying to have a conversation with her.)

She just has to add in our home visit and then should have the completed study sent off to Martha early next week for review. That means we will be heading to Yakima with our I-600a application by the end of the month! Yeah!

10 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

Congratulations!! I remember getting this done and feeling so excited. Have fun in Yakima!
Kristin

Lori said...

How great to have that big step behind you! Congratulations!

Brian and Autumn said...

AWESOME!! One more giant step done. Congrats!!

Tammy B said...

Congratulations! So glad that it went well and was melt-down free!

Unknown said...

That's so great. It seems overwhelming when you think of all the paperwork. When it's done, you'll hold that homestudy so tight, USCIS will have to pry it from your hands. You guys are so close to us in timing, I pray you get your FDL in days rather than weeks. Ours took 7 days (but we live in Maine and have an office close to home.) Keep us posted!

Samantha said...

Yeah!! One more step closer!!

Michael and Michelle said...

Fingerprinting here we come...here you come! Fun, and no ink involved...it's all done with computers and glass. Start praying the your FDL come quick! I can't wait to hear that Martha is reviewing your HS.
Michelle

Michael and Michelle said...

Did I read that right...Sharon's FDL only took 7 days??? Ours took 104 days!!! I'll pray your is more like Sharons than mine.
Michelle

Michael and Michelle said...

I would love it if your FDL came within two weeks. We would be so close in line and maybe even travel together! I would be so happy for you!
I can't wait to hear what number you are!
Michelle

Teabo Chica said...

Amy oh who is your favorite SW or who or who??? Thats a load lifted i remember that feeling of relief! YEah Yakima, I hope you are still singing this in a few weeks :)Okay our stook 6 or 7 weeks just FYI. but its case by case whatever that means :) Hopefully soon.