Thursday, March 20, 2008

God's plan is slowly, steadily being accomplished...


Our home study was accepted yesterday, so the most fabulous social worker in the world is getting it notarized and then in the mail!!! We will head to Yakima next week to file our I-600a with US Citizenship & Immigration Services. Once we get our FDL from them, we will be a number on a list. The number means we are just waiting for God to match us with our daughter. How amazing is it to think that God has a child for us on another continent. A child he has picked out especially for us and we are the family he has picked out especially for her. This little girl is already loved and supported by our wonderful friends and family.

I can't wait to be on the list and then I can stalk the blogs & the AGCI listserv trying to figure out movement over the month between update phone calls! These months of paperwork are finally going to be worth it!! It seems like the process has been longer than it actually has, because we were accepted by AGCI right before Christmas and then the most fabulous social worker in the world was on vacation enjoying herself in Hawaii (imagine that!), so we lost about 5 weeks when not much was happening. Although frustrating, the things not in my control are in God's and I have faith knowing he has a plan for us and our daughter.

Praise be to God!

7 comments:

The Redman's said...

Congrats on being one step closer!! We were fingerprinted in Yakima as well and I think we got our FDL 5 or 6 weeks after. :) (our letter arrived on Good Friday!!)

-suzi

The Gresham Clan said...

Hooray - now it's off to Yakima! That's so exciting!!! I love your perspective on all of this!
Kristin

Samantha said...

Yeah!! hope you get your number soon!!

Michael and Michelle said...

I can't wait for you to be a number!!! Come on FDL! Come quick after our prints.
Michelle

Unknown said...

Amy,

It seems the paperwork doesn't end until they are 18! But God is good, and we were able to get it all done today. I even got the adoption specialist at Tufts University to review Grace's file and conduct the eval. Yeah!

Can't wait to hear your update on Friday.
Sharon

The Gresham Clan said...

Thank you for the wonderful verse you sent the other day - that was perfect!! What an amazing God we serve. This waiting is a really hard thing. I'm excited that your stuff is getting closer to being done!! Do you know when you get to travel yet? Praying for you...

Kristin

Anonymous said...

YAY! You are one step closer!! And you have whizzed through the homestudy (especially considering you lost 5 weeks!). I love your reminder that GOd is in control and he has picked out a child especially for you!