Monday, March 31, 2008

Looking for a miracle

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ~ Mark 11:24


Lots of people have been asking me how long FDLs take in Washington State. When we asked on Friday, they told us "120 days, but we hopefully can process it sooner." They have been taking about 5-6 weeks, but recently our office has also started processing applications for Oregon too and no one is quite sure what that is going to do to the wait. (FYI-120 days is really long when some offices get them processed in 1-2 weeks)

I know God is in control and truly believe that all this waiting has to do with our referral to the specific child God has picked for our family, but it doesn't make the wait any easier. I also know that this is just the first big wait in the process. After this we will wait for a referral, and then after we accept the referral we will again wait, but this time to travel and pick up our child.

So I am inspired by Autumn, who told me that although this process is all about God's timing (which I fully recognize and acknowledge), it wouldn't hurt to pray for a miracle of sorts. Through an answered prayer, God would again show his glory to us. So I am praying that we receive our FDL much sooner than 120 days. I have no control in the matter (and if I did I would have stayed in Yakima annoying them until they just handed it over already) and recognize that the Lord will do what is best, but I am still asking God to move the process along a little quicker than the possible 120 days. I am filled with an overwhelming love for a child I have never met and I can't wait to hold her in my arms, so is it selfish to ask God to make it happen a little quicker?

2 comments:

Heckert's Highway said...

Absolutely not!!! :O) Keep asking, He loves it when we go to Him in prayer!! I'm praying for a quick turn-around too.

Brian and Autumn said...

I am so thrilled to hear my ramblings could be an encouragement to you! We are praying right along with you!!

Autumn