Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The immortal words of the Pointer Sisters say it best...


I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!


Our home study is done and in Portland waiting for review!! It has been there since Monday, but the Ethiopian Program Director was out Monday and Tuesday. She takes anywhere between 5-7 days to review it and send corrections to our social worker, who them finalizes it, notarizes many copies and mails them to us. Once we get it in the mail (I might have to start checking the mailbox everyday, instead of waiting for J to get home), we will take the next Friday off and head to Yakima for our fingerprinting. I also will finally get to send my dossier in to AGCI. The home study is the final piece of it that I have been waiting for.

I have been really worried about what I am going to do to keep busy during this waiting period, but God finally gave me an answer. More to come on that in the future.

11 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

Congrats! Hope to be right behind you...

Lori said...

That is so exciting, you are really moving along.

Brian and Autumn said...

YEAH!! I can't wait to see the picture of you guys sending off the dossier packet!!

The Gresham Clan said...

Congratulations! I remember getting that back and being so thrilled. You're getting closer and closer to that waiting list - yeah!
Kristin

nell ann said...

Oh My Gosh! What were you thinking, leaving me hanging like that? Naturally I HAVE to know what you'll be doing to pass the time. We are so close to you in the process...I'll need something to keep me busy, too! Please share! Puhhh-lease!

Oh, and yes, I'm happy and excited for you. But really, I just want to know your secret.

nell ann said...

Well, I don't know if I can wait a couple of days. Type faster!

We're looking for an infant, 0-12 months. And either a boy or a girl. Or twins. So really, we're ready for anything. Wouldn't it be so cool if we travelled together?

nell ann said...

I have no idea how long FDL will take. Is there a way to find out? We're just north of Houston, Texas. Where are you? How long are you expecting?

Michael and Michelle said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear that everything is sent in and you've been printed!!
Michelle

The Gresham Clan said...

We did travel to Yakima. We left at about 4 am, did the fingerprints (which took all of 20 minutes), ate some lunch and drove home. We had to wait 4 weeks 1 day, but that was right at Christmas/New Years time, so ours took longer. That would be awesome if yours came back in 2 weeks!! Are you leaving tomorrow?
Kristin

C said...

Well, thats WONDERUL news!!! :)
I will be praying that everything will work out. So don't keep us waiting what will it be that will keep you busy while you wait?????? Keep me updated!!!!

C said...

THANK YOU!!! For such encouraging words, means more than you know!!! Have a wonderful weekend!