
We have been officially waiting for one week now. This whole waiting for a referral is going to be a constant battle between my head and my heart. My head understands that God's timing is perfect and that our daughter is not ready yet or she would be with us. My heart yearns to know her, to hold her, to welcome her into her family now. I realize that we may have 39 more weeks of waiting and that some of those weeks my head will win the battle and I will be at peace and some of the weeks my heart will win and I may be a mess. I know that God will be with me no matter what, but I hope more often my head wins over my heart, so that I can be at peace.
Monday, April 28, 2008
We are...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
Amy,
I know exactly how you are feeling. I just spoke to Julie and learned that 7 more families got travel dates, and we're not one of them. My head and heart are battling big time! I'm just praying that Dee Dee got hers.
Sharon
I just realized that if you wait 39 more weeks, you will essentially have been pregnant for 9 months! That is not going to happen. Your baby will be home before Christmas. What a wonderful gift that would be. Of course, some of us really appreciate early Christmas presents!
Sharon
Oh Gosh, I know how you feel. I feel ready NOW to have that little man in our family, not later. Hang in there. I think not having an actual due date makes it harder. When you are pregnant, you know you can only keep that baby in you for so long. This is MUCH more open ended...well if the paperwork does this, and if the courts do this, etc. We will all prevail!!! Jana
Thank you for your comment.
This waiting thing is NOT always fun but kinda exciting. We will just take this time growing together and following each others journeys, learning from one another.
Michelle
The wait is very hard. I HATE waiting. Starting big prodjects helped me and I hung on to friends.
We are all praying.
Hey Amy,
It is so nice to have one another's blogs to read as we wait for God's perfect plan for our families to unfold! Thank you for your honesty. I think it sums up perfectly the struggle we all have.
Autumn
Hey just a compliment for you. Love your music mix on your blog, I just left it on when I was cleaning yesterday. We have very similar musical tastes!
I just want to tell you that one day on list serve when people were a little down with no referrals for a long time somebody wrote in and said......"when I was on the wait list for Guat. I was number 40+ and thought it was going to take forever!!! Within one month time AGCI got 40 some referrals and we had our little one." You never no....God could really get this program moving and you could be in the single digets and not even have your FDL!!!!
Just thought I would give you a little upper today.
Michelle
I can't imagine how difficult it is to just sit and wait and wait and wait some more. Sending prayers your way!
~Dawn
Thank you for your sweet comment, it is nice to know there are others that understand my pain.
I know I don't know anything yet. Just that we are number 46 overall. I am trying to be patient!!!
Post a Comment