That is what I was doing when I came home from getting my haircut this afternoon. My mom was watching the kiddos for me and I thought I would check my e-mail real quick to see if there was anything important. What a surprise when I saw I had 8 new e-mails. I read the first one from Michelle and it said something like "I am freaking out for you!!!!! You will be a number this week!!!!! Are you so happy?" I had no idea what she was talking about. The next said something similar and so on until I got to the one from our agency stating the change in procedure and then I understood what everyone was so excited about. It just warms my heart to have other families to go through this experience with and share the ups and downs.
So what am I rambling on about you ask. I think God works in funny ways sometimes. We have had lots of prayers in the last few weeks (thank you everyone for supporting us) that we would receive our FDL, so that we could finally be a number on the list and be waiting for the referral of our daughter. Well our FDL has not come, but we get to be a number and begin the real wait for our little girl!!!
I have been frustrated with the process, because we will wait up to 4 months for our FDL and then have to wait another 6 months for our referral. I never understood why we couldn't be waiting for both at the same time. I guess since the referral time has increased AGCI realized that we could wait for both our referral and our FDL at the same time.
What this means for us is that we will be put on the list in the order that dossiers were received at AGCI. I have no idea where that will put us on the list. I know there are at least 16 families before us on the girl's list and expect that there will be another half dozen or so put on before us due to the recent changes. I am guessing we will be in the 20-25 range, but again that is just a wild guess. Hopefully I will hear from our case worker tomorrow with some sort of news and will post it as soon as I know! I am just so excited to be officially waiting!!!!
Thank you everyone for your support along the way and I am glad to be able to share our joy today with you.




7 comments:
I am still freaking out for you!! I was so happy when I read that email. What a blessing!!! You are a number!!! I will be checking your blog like crazy to see what number you are. You better post right away!
Michelle
Yah, you are finally a number!!! That must feel so good, congrats.
Amy.
I'm still so happy for you. Instead of waiting for 8-10 months you can have your little girl in as little as 6! Maybe sooner--you never know how God will surprise you.
Sharon
How great is this! We don't have to wait. I just can't believe how God timed that. We have a few corrections for our dossier and then we will be a number. I hope by next week. I look forward to seeing your number :)
Isn't this the best news ever!!! If only we could get past our bump we could be a number too! I'm so excited that it is coming soon! Yippie!!
I have been checking your blog all day to see what number you are!!! I am so excited for the policy change. I am mailing out our dossier tomorrow. I can't wait. Pray everything is done right and we won't have to fix anything!!!!
Congrats again!! It is so fun to see how exciting this change is for so many people!! :)
Post a Comment