tease! We got a very official looking envelope in the mail yesterday from them and all it had was a booklet in it. My brain knew it had only been 2 weeks, but my heart would have loved for it to contain our FDL! Do they not know that we are waiting with anticipation? Could they have not just handed us the booklet at the office? Adoptive parents are not to be messed with. I think they had better start following the warnings on this sign!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
USCIS is a big ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
I am so sorry.
That is TORTURE! You need a good lawyer. Just kidding. The envelope you get will be a regular business envelope. When we got ours (after only 2 weeks)I thought to myself, "Great, they are looking for more information." I thought the envelope contained a request for more info because it was so thin!
Praying for it to come soon.
Sharon
Ergggghhhh! That very thing happened to us, except they wrote to let us know our application was incomplete. Well, that was a big no duh, because I told them it wasn't complete and that the homestudy would arrive soon. In California, you can send in your application prior to the home study being completed...which is something they're supposed to know!! Feeling your pain....Jana
Amen!! I am so with you on this!!! I got excited a bit, even though I was trying to reason with myself too. I'm sorry it wasn't the real thing, but I'm praying it comes soon:O) Thank you for the scripture you gave me this morning. I just cried and rejoiced at the same time while reading it. Thank you! Love, Jenn
Don't get me started on the USCIS office!!!! I know just how you are feeling!!
Michelle
That is just cruel!
Amy,
A church ministry for orphan care and adoptions? What a GREAT idea. I think I'll pray about that. I've always wanted to work in the adoption field, but God hasn't opened the door yet (might have something to do with paying of student loans for law school). But that would be a wonderful way to help fund adoptions. Maybe we could make donations to sponsor an adoption or do something like a grant to help place waiting children. Oh....I'm so excited now! You are just full of wonderful ideas.
Praying there will be an update tonight or tomorrow.
Sharon
I remember this happening too! Soooo frustrating- but this post is hilarious! You always have such a great attitude and perspective on things. Thanks for being such a great encourager! Praying that your letter comes soon!
Kristin
Wow! $2,400--that's great! It's wonderful that you are not just adopting yourselves, but you are also helping other children.
We got our first batch of donations from church today. There were 3 huge bags and I haven't even started going through them yet. It makes me happy to know there are people who, although not adopting themselves, are so willing to help this orphanage feed and clothe the children.
You have given Mike and me such inspiration!
Thanks
Sharon
Amy,
You're going to be a number this week! Did you read Julie's email? Yeah, if you don't have any dossier issues--other than waiting for your FDL-- you can be a number immediately. Julie will call you.
Can't wait to read what number you are.
Sharon
WOW! Just read the big e-mail! I know you haven't gotten your FDL yet but it looks like our prayers were answered anyway. Can't wait to hear what number you are!!!
Autumn
I am freaking out for you!!!!! Your will be a number this week!!!!! I am so happy... I thought of you right away when I read the email. I haven't even finished reading it yet I had to comment on your blog!! Are you so happy!
Michelle
Have you checked your email? You're on the waitlist baby!!! Yeahhhhh!
Post a Comment