Friday, November 7, 2008

32 days and counting

until our scheduled court date of December 10th. We are overjoyed to hear news as we continue to move closer to bringing Dora (ha,ha!) home.

We pray that we pass on our first scheduled court date. Families don't always pass through on their first try, because there has not been enough time for their file to pass through all the proper places. If we don't make it on the 10th, we will be rescheduled for a later date. Right now, they are rescheduling about 1 1/2 months out, which would be the end of January. We are joyful that there is a possibility to have Dora home early next year, but are also aware that this may not be God's plan. We will trust in Him no matter what the outcome of our court date, but our hearts long to hold our little girl. Please join us in praying for our heart's desire.

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7
Also, my dear friend Autumn and her husband Brian have experienced some delays with their adoption. They had some paperwork done incorrectly and although they have had their referral for almost two months now, they do not have their paperwork submitted. Please join me in prayer for them as they wait. May God move mountains for their little guy and may He grant them peace as they wait on His perfect plan.

10 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Aren't you just so excited to have a court date!!!!!
I need to share our baby's name with you....I'll email it to you since I don't put our children's names on our blog.
By the way, I love the name Nora!!!!!!!!!
Michelle

Matt and Emily said...

How cool! How did you find out your court date? I would love to know when ours is but I hate to call Christy and bother her. I know it is so crazy their. I am looking forward to updated pics!!! Yippy Yippy. Hope you have a good weekend.

Heckert's Highway said...

That's My Birthday!!!!! I won't say how old I'm going to be though;) Oh, girl, I am praying hard!!! What a wonderful Christmas present that would be:O)
Lots of Love,
Jenn

Leann said...

Sounds like we could be travelling together!! We don't have our rescheduled court date yet, but it could be near y'all's. this is just a wild, crazy roller coaster ride we're on.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the court date! Wow, so fast! Praise God!
Thanks for keeping those lists over at the blog site...gives me one more thing to check in on while I wait!

Sarah

Three2Five said...

Thank you...Thank you....thank you...thank you....thank you....

Dawn said...

So happy that you have a court date! Saying lots of prayers for you that you pass that first time around and start the year off with your daughter home!

Dawn

Jana said...

Hey you!! I want to love on our cutie! Email me your info fraserfam@charter.net. I'm so glad that they're telling court dates. You can "relax" this month at least knowing you aren't waiting for that super crazy phone call!

Samantha said...

I'm praying all goes smoothly

Brian and Autumn said...

Thanks for adding us to your prayer request. I am praying for a favorable court date!
Autumn