Monday, November 3, 2008

Shots


My daughter has decided she does not want her birthday. What little kid does not want a birthday? She has one coming up on the 17th. Anyway, after much prying into her little 4yo old brain, I come to find out it is because she knows she will have a doctor's appointment after her birthday and she will have to get shots. She does not want shots and figured if she didn't have a birthday she wouldn't have to have any!

Our health department only does shots one day a week in the morning, so I had to drag the kids with me to get some of my travel shots. I thought this would be a good experience for the Bean to see mommy get hers and live to tell about it. Shots don't bother me at all, but the Bean came and held my hand each of the four times I got poked. I told her I would do the same for her at her appointment. Somehow, I don't think it will help and I am sure when we visit the doctor the sounds of her screams will be heard round the practice.

6 comments:

Kristi J said...

Just a thought..I skipped the 4 year old shots and didn't get them for Julia then because they are just Kindergarten shots and she wasn't going for another year...So, my dr. had no problem waiting another year for her to be older and bigger...I guess it is just postponing the inevitable..but it helped a little with maturity...good luck, kristi

jodes said...

That's cute that she didn't want a birthday b/c of the shots! i love how little minds work!

**I'm new to your blog, hope you don't mind me butting in...

Michael and Michelle said...

My boys don't like shots either! They get pretty nervous when we enter the doctors office.

Michelle

Dawn said...

I feel for her - I'm the EXACT same way!!!

Maria and Family said...

Any word? I am praying for you guys! (HUGS)

Jana said...

Thank you Amy!! We are so thrilled and even more thrilled that this new step isn't going to be a nightmare, what a relief. You'll be there soon!