Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My heart is smiling

It is amazing that a few sentences can make my heart soar. When we receive our referrals we get just the facts. No one really gives us any insight into who our child is or what they are like. Connie helped me get a small glimpse of my daughter and I am grateful for the time she took to be with her.

I saw your little girl in Ethiopia! She is so beautiful. She had the prettiest eyes and those cheeks are so fun to squeeze :). She takes in everything, and then smiles a big toothless grin. She has a little more hair now and it is these soft ringlets! While she is a good sized baby, she is STILL a little baby :). It was an honor to get to see/ hold her and touch those beautiful curls. I cannot wait to hear how your case is progressing through courts. Keep me posted! Connie
28 days until our court date...but who's counting???

9 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

That is a great thing that Connie did. Your sweet baby sounds so precious. :)

Shauna said...

Oh that it so great....

Melissa said...

It is so great you got an update. I've herard nothing about my little S. since the referral in September...ahhhhhhhh

Praying for you and thrilled for your warm heart!

Brian and Autumn said...

28 days???!!! YES!

cb4swife said...

I am so happy for you...I'll be praying for you! God Bless...Shannon

Michael and Michelle said...

I tagged you:)

Mason Mama said...

How simple that was to write those word but how MUCH they must mean to you! This is getting to exciting, I cant believe that you will be bringing those little curls home very soon. crossing our fingers that the court date goes through. God bless

Outdrsycple said...

I have not been checking up on your blog like I used to. I didn't now you got to know your court date! So exciting. Thanks for letting me know about sarah's too since it is around mine. I have not heard anything about my paperwork or anything, but I'm hoping that when Julie gets back I'll hear some good info. I'll pray you pass on the first try! It is still a little surreal that we are at the court date stage.

Heckert's Highway said...

How wonderful it must be knowing someone can hold your baby and give her your love!!! I have thoughts all the time, wondering if anyone was able to hold my Alea, or if anyone marveled as they looked into her beautiful eyes??? What an amazing and precious gift you have been given. I'm so happy for you and hope that others can give her your love until the day that you get there. I'm counting with you:O)