Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hands & Feet



An image flashed across my TV screen
Another broken heart comes in to view
I saw the pain and I turned my back
Why can't I do the things I want to?
I'm willing yet I'm so afraid
You give me strength
When I say

I want to be your hands
I want to be your feet
I'll go where you send me
I'll go where you send me

And I try, yeah I try
To touch the world like
You touched my life
And I find my way
To be your hands

I've abandoned every selfish thought
I've surrendered every thing I've got
You can have everything I am
And perfect everything I'm not
I'm willing, I'm not afraid
You give me strength
When I say

I want to be your hands
I want to be your feet
Ill go where you send me
I'll go where you send me

This is the lifetime
I turned my back on you
From now on, I'll go so
Send me where you want me to
I finally have a mission
I promise I'll complete
I don't need excuses
When I am your hands and feet

(Audio Adrenaline)


So it seems these days that music speaks to me about God's word more than anything else. Yesterday at church, our pastor used this song to illustrate that God does great things and most of these things are done by using us. We are His hands and feet here on earth. We are here to be His hands and feet among those He has given us to lift up. Sometimes He asks us to go and do difficult things and be among people we might not normally be around. He asks us to get uncomfortable for Him. If you look at the Jesus in the New Testament, he did not stay in the church and speak to those who believed in Him. Jesus went out to those who were sick. He ate with those others deemed unclean. None of us are perfect and we have no right to think of ourselves as better than the person sitting next to us or judge others for their sins. I will sing this song again, but today it will be a renewed proclamation to my Lord and Savior.

3 comments:

Jana said...

This song has always been a favorite, it's nice to see it written out, thanks! So yes, 1 month down Amy!! Aren't you #8 now? That is so exciting. Just wait for another surge of referrals and you'll be right smack in the middle of it!!! Oh and love the new look, I think I need to "refresh" too!

Samantha said...

What a beautiful reminder!

Mason Mama said...

Amy,

It was nice to meet you too. I am looking forward to following your journey and hearing about your wonderful trip to get your new daughter. I cant wait to go to! Thanks for the info of the 30 days of nothing, how random that a whole lot of people are doing the same thing. But how amazing at the same time. Take care and God bless