I am just a little sad about our new number, because it isn't new at all. It is the same old #10 that I was so excited to see last month. In 5 weeks and 2 days since our last update, we haven't moved an inch. This waiting is sooo hard, but when no progress is being made it seems a bit harder. I have been a little bit in denial about how long this was going to take. We had our hopes on having her home this year. The reality is that we will not receive a referral until after the courts have opened and then travel next year. Having to realize that it will be next year before I get to hold this little girl seems a little depressing at the moment.
And before you all try and make me feel better (because I know you will try!)...My brain knows that God's timing is perfect. I know that if I could somehow rush the process it would not be the little girl that God chose for us. I know these things with my brain. I just can't seem to get my heart to understand them today.
These are just raw emotions of news I just found out. To top it off I feel guilty for feeling this way. By wanting this to happen faster, I feel like I am also trying to rush whatever hard decisions or tragedy my little girl's family will have to face to put her up for adoption.
Yes, this is coming off my last post of "I am ok with the wait." I swear the hormones are raging.
UPDATE: After sitting with the reality for a few hours, I have decided to look at the wait as a gift instead of someone's mean joke!
1) I now know that 2009 will be a great year, because it will be the year we welcome our daughter into our family.
2) This gives me the opportunity to take a few credits in the fall to keep up my teacher certification. This will be much easier to do with only three to take care of instead of four (no, we are not adopting two children-yet-I have to take care of my dreamboat too though)
3) This will give me chance to get my feet wet homeschooling the Bean before I have two to distract when I am working with her!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Number update
Posted by Our journey at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




17 comments:
Oh Amy,
I know those emotions. It is hard to wrap my brain around the fact that it will be next year before we travel. I had originally thought it would be October, maybe for a referral?
I know its like I want to go to sleep and wake up and it's October. We just have to keep ourselves busy having fun with our kids.
Amy,
I love your honesty and openness. It is a blessing. You have a little girl (or two) out there just waiting to meet you and come be a part of your family. I am waiting with you both literally and figuratively. Right there with you...
Melissa (Va.)
I know exactly how you feel. You are not alone. It seems like you have already put a positive spin on the wait, good for you!!
Amy,
You are a huge support to me. Thank you for your kind email today. I wait along with you and pray that both of us remember that God's plan is perfect.
Sunday from CA
Amy I am with you. I was stunned to see we didnt move AT ALL. I thought we would have moved a bit..I too am trusting the LORDs plan. You have to. We have to find peace in it. Hugs, Maria
Amy,
It is ok to be disappointed with no movement. It's ok to be sad that it will be 2009. It doesn't mean that you aren't trusting God's plan just because you are sad or disappointed. At least that's what I keep telling myself. We can trust God's timing and still be sad for the time we are missing with our future children. We just shouldn't dwell on that disappointment. It sounds like you aren't which is good. I guess I just need a good 24 hours of disappointment... :)
Autumn
Thank you for your complete honesty - we all need that! You're amazing and so right about EVERYTHING you said!
Kristin
I know everyone else said it...but I want to thank you for your post too...I am totally with you too...it does help knowing that there are a bunch of us experiencing the wait together...and thanks for the reminder to redeem this waiting time God Bless...Shannon
Good job hanging in for the wait. I still haven't gotten my number e-mail (it's Friday afternoon now!). So I'm trying to remain hopeful that by the time I do get it we'll have a little movement to report and we can all cheer back up :) Here's hoping!
Erin
So sorry! Hang in there.
thinking of you Amy. i so understand that feeling of guilt for being a little pouty. We know something in our head, but our heart is longing. I would also add to your list that the waiting will deepen your resolve and commitment to this adoption, as well as make your heart fonder of your child. I know you are a person of great faith, and so I know you are looking for God's hand in this, while trying to approach Him in your vulnerability and disappointment. Thanks so much for being vulnerable and open.
You have a great attitude...I moved up...#27 to #28...yuck, but I know it has to happen some day...I'll just stay busy in the meantime...Kristi
There were 2 infant girl referrals last week!
Amy, does that mean you could be #8? Yikes, single digits darlin'!!!!
The wait is SO hard. I know that you have heard and said all of the "right" things to say during a wait. It is so hard, but it will be over someday and you will be holding your precious child.
I am praying that it is soon.
Thank you for praying for Abby.
I think we are #6 now so that would make you #8! Pretty exciting!
HOw are you guys?
Post a Comment