Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a weekend!

Ok, I know it is "unofficial," but I do know that we did move down to ...We had a long, but fun weekend. Saturday was the Washington state AGCI picnic. It was nice to see my dear caseworker Christy again (we first met back in January at the winter picnic). It was so incredible to see so many families in all different parts of the process. There were some there working on their dossier (which is where we were at the last picnic) and families that were home with their children.

I got to meet Erin who I only knew through blogs and the family that is right behind us on the list, which was kind of exciting. I got to see people I met back in January, who have been such an inspriation to me along this path like Suzi and Grace and Kristin and Abraham. There were over 100 people at the picnic and most had adopted from Guatemala, Ethiopia, or both. It was so beautiful to see how God had woven these families together into an amazing tapestry that illustrated His perfect love for us.

P.S. I pumped Christy for information, but all she did was smile and laugh. The nerve of that woman! Couldn't she give out some tidbit of information? Just a little breadcrumb? I don't know how she can keep so quiet!!

9 comments:

Three2Five said...

#8 and we are #6 I wish I knew who # 7 was. I am so excited. I still can't believe we are a few days away from hiting the 1 year mark of signing papers with AGCI. I feel like we should be further!
All in God's Time

Michael and Michelle said...

It's Great that the list is still moving!!! I feel like I haven't left a comment on here for so long...I read all the time though!
How is the wait?

Michelle

Melissa said...

Hey there #8! You are in single digits now....YEEEEHAAAA!

I am reading and thinking about you and this journey we are all on.

Samantha said...

Yeah for #8!! Wish we could have gone to the picnic but it is too far of a drive. Sounds fun!

Unknown said...

It might be slow right now, but look out when the courts re-open. I bet it will take a couple of months just to update the waitlist. Of course, you'll have your referral and be waiting to travel, or actually traveling by then!

C said...

I think you should be awarded number 1 blogger!!!! You always leave me a sweet comment and most of times right when I need it because I am down and out about waiting!!!! So thank you for all your sweet comments!!! Yea, for # 8

Jana said...

Oh I'm so jealous, I would have loved to have been there! How fun! I bet all the case managers have to a have a pre-picnic meeting. "ok guys, be strong don't leak any info, you can do it!". What a treat, glad you had fun.

Kristi J said...

Wow..I really hope you've moved...cause that will mean I'm on my way up the #s too....I can't wait to watch you travel first...So glad to read about your light bulb moment..great post, And, where do you find your cool pics??kristi

Michelle Riggs said...

Number 8 sounds great! I would love to see pictures of the picnic.