Sunday, August 24, 2008

Comfort

We all find comfort in different ways and through different people. Today, God used a pastor at the family camp we attended to remind me of how big, powerful, and amazing our God is. She was talking about how those of us who are parents love their children. We love them with a great big love. A love bigger than anything else we might know. The love that we know for our children is amazing and unconditional. As big as our love for them is though, it is nothing compared to God's. The love that He has for our children is 10 times bigger than anything we could even imagine feeling. I found comfort being reminded that although I can't physically hold my daughter right now, she is being held and loved in the arms of her Creator and His love for her is greater than anything I could ever imagine.

7 comments:

Maria and Family said...

That is beautiful..and I know it is true. I cant wait until you can see her face :)
Maria

Samantha said...

So true! I'm glad you are finding comfort in this hard time.

Dawn said...

I always love your posts - very encouraging! And I love the new background - very cute!!
~Dawn

Lori said...

What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that thought!! Thank you for the encouragement.

Kristi J said...

What a great post...you are a gifted writer...I so enjoy reading your posts, kristi

nell ann said...

such touching sentiments. you love that baby so much already! lucky her to have such great parents waiting to meet her!