Several of my friends (especially Karen, Sharon, and Robin) have recently had complications to their adoptions. They are desperately longing to bring their children home. Some people in our agency have decided to pray together, and fast together, and ask God for a miracle to deliver these children. Of course it is in the best interest of these children to be united with their families, and also, for the parents who long to meet and hold the children they have prayed for for years. Specifically, for a few of my friends adopting from Ethiopia, there is a possibility THIS WEEK they might squeeze through a loophole. Would you join me in prayer and fasting for these families?
Here is our plan:
FAST from 8pm Wednesday(PST) to 8 pm Thursday(PST), which would be 6am Thursday (Addis Abba) to 6am Friday (Addis Abba)
PRAYER at 5am Thursday(PST) or 8 am Thursday(EST) or 3pm Thursday (AddisAbba)
PRAYER at 5am Thursday(PST) or 8 am Thursday(EST) or 3pm Thursday (AddisAbba)
Please join us however God may be calling you.
Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:19-20





4 comments:
I told Sharon this morning that I am on board!!!!
Sounds good Amy, I will be in prayer. I am at work all day Thursday, so it's not super practical for me to fast but I will be in prayer! Thanks so much for organizing this! Thanks always for your sweet encouragement. Hope you are getting some more sunshine these days!
Amy,
You are such a blessing to us during this trial. I know that when our children come home, this delay will not seem so painful, but until that time, it is good to have prayer warriors.
I believe that they will come home. I know that God does have a plan for all of us. I am praying that He will show me his purpose in this delay and that if He desires a change in me, He would show me soon.
Thank you again for setting this up.
Sharon
Thanks so much Amy. It means so much to be fasting and praying alongside of you all.
xoxo
Post a Comment