Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The wait begins already


DEFINTITON: Waiting upon God is exercising confidence in God's timing and help during difficult times.

Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired,They will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31


I am not good at waiting. I don't want to wait on God. I want things to happen when I want them to happen!

Today I ask God that this time of waiting is used to bring me closer to him. That through this waiting I become more dependent upon God.

I know waiting is not easy. My heart will cry out in pain, but I know that God uses this time to remind me that I must depend upon Him so that I know it is only He who does wonderful things in my life. Ultimately then, God protects me by waiting, because when I wait I must deepen my trust in Him, seek His way and bring Him the glory through it all.

I can't get the spell check to work, so please forgive me for any mistakes!

4 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

The Postman's name is Greg or Craig I'm not sure which one?? Doesn't fit in with our family. Funny though. Great post on waiting..thanks for that!
Michelle

The Gresham Clan said...

Great post on waiting - the verse out of Isaiah is perfect!! I'm so glad you found my blog. I'll add you to my blogs list that I check out. I briefly remember meeting you at the AGCI potluck, but I wish I'd been able to talk more with you:). Hopefully we'll have more get togethers and be able to connect again! Thanks for your encouragement!
Kristin

C said...

Thank you for sharing, I plan to stya home with the children like you. I am parying for you and waiting and all of us God has so much to teach us, and I told husband that I wanted to be down because it is already taking us longer than other people but God showed me that all of this is his timing so that we get the child that he has for us that his timing is perfect!!!I hope that also helps you. I can't ever get the spell check to work either!

Samantha said...

Great post! Did you see my post on the AGCI listserve about the prep classes that Kingdom Kids Adoption does for parents adopting (they have one especially for parents adopting from Ethiopia)? May be something to do while you wait. I think if we adopt again we will try to go. I would love to be added as a friend (if you'll have me!)=)