Sunday, July 13, 2008

The gift of prayer


prayer (prâr)
n. 1. a. A reverent petition made to God.
b. The act of making a reverent petition to God.

There is so much beauty in prayer. Prayer is not only a way I can have a deeper relationship with my Father, but it is also something I can do in situations where there is nothing else I can do. I can't make the travel calls to Karen & Sharon. I can't move those families with referrals through court before they close and I can't heal Abby. Only our mighty God can do those things, so I will kneel before God and make reverent petitions for:

AGCI families awaiting travel calls (especially Karen & Sharon)-They have been waiting a long time to see their children.

AGCI families with referrals - Peace, trust, faith and knowledge of God's perfect plan as they should be hearing this week whether or not they will make it through court before the closure. I am sooo praying that they get to pick up their babies next month.

Strength and wisdom for the Riggs family as they deal with the news of their daughter's leukemia and God's healing power for their daughter Abby. Read more here about the strength and beauty of this faithful family.

Our AGCI family will again enter into a day of fasting and prayer Tuesday for these families.

4 comments:

Maria and Family said...

I heard somewhere it was said "prayer to the Lord is like calling home" So beautiful.
Maria

Unknown said...

Psst...did you know, we're goin' to Ethiopia! Whoo-hoo. I'm praying for many more referrals in in near future. I will be taking pics of every baby possible just in case one special little girl is waiting to come home to you!

The Gresham Clan said...

You have such an amazing heart Amy and you truly seek God for others. I love that about you! Thank you for always coming before God and praying! I will be praying for you in this time of waiting...

Kristin

Dawn said...

Julie told me last week when she called with our #'s. She said that they are going to be communicating something to everyone as soon as they have it all figured out. So, I'm sure it will be in one of the upcoming emails.
~Dawn