Wednesday, July 9, 2008

11 weeks and 2 days

and feeling a little disheartened. With the court closure looming, I am afraid we won't get a referral until they reopen. (AGCI has to collect legal documents before giving out referrals. When the courts close for August and September they can't collect documents, so the referrals slow way down.) I am glad for all the legal trappings and the responsibility of the Ethiopian government for taking such good care of their children. I am just sad, because I have this overflowing love for a little girl I have not met, but that God laid on my heart many years ago.

We started this process last November, so in our hearts we have been pregnant for 8 months already and it looks like we will be for at least another 5-8 months. I wish I had a crystal ball and could foresee the future. I am not good at not knowing. If I knew we couldn't hold her until February, at least I could armor myself for the long wait. The problem is is that there is always hope. I can't let go of it. I am hoping that we have her home before the year is over. Most of all, being a mother who loves this child as much as the ones I already have here now, I want what is best for her. So, I will wait for God's perfect timing, but continue to...

13 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I've only been in the process since March and I'm already so impatient. I'll keep you in my prayers. His timing is always perfect...always.

cb4swife said...

My hubby and I talked about this exact thing last night. We are excited to be #3, but we also want to guard our hearts because we know a slow down is coming...I'll be praying for you! God Bless...Shannon

Heath and Karen Orr said...

Hi, friend! I've been keeping tabs on your blog and I just wanted to say that I am praying for your little girl too! I can't wait for you to have her in your arms. Please know that we are so happy to know you and are overjoyed for what you are doing. Thanks for being to real on this blog. I can't wait for good news!

Love -

Karen

Unknown said...

Waiting is sooooooo hard. I am so sorry you are still waiting for your daughter. That little girl is going to be so blessed to have you as a mom. Be hopeful. Just because man says it won't happen doesn't mean God can't make it happen. God is in control of every good thing! I am praying you have a referral before we travel. If not, I will take pictures of ALL the babies in hopes that one of them will be your daughter.

Our Princess said...

Hang in there & keep that hope & faith! I'm praying for a referral soon for you!!!!!

The Gresham Clan said...

I'm sorry that this waiting is so hard Amy! - I wish it didn't have to be, but the amazing thing is that God always reveals himself in someway through the "valleys" or difficult times in our lives. I will be continuing to lift you up in prayer! You're amazing and your faith in God and his perfect timing is what will get you through! I love your message of HOPE!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

I so understand hanging on to hope, but having to be a realist too. It is a fine, hard line to walk. Faith is setting our eyes on what we cannot see . . . SUCH a challenge!! I pray pray pray you get a referral soon.

xoxo

Brian and Autumn said...

I am waiting, loving, longing, and hoping right along with you!

Melissa said...

Don't be discouraged!!! Just remember--when the right child id ready for your family, you will get the call. It is all about God's timing. It will happen when it is right AND I will be there cheering you on!

I'm praying for you and your family in getting your referral soon!

Melissa (Va.)

Jana said...

Hang in there Amy, I know that aching.

Teabo Chica said...

Sweet Amy,
I pray that Hope brings you peace in this time of your waiting. Perfect timing is not ours :), thats a hard one to learn!
Praying for your friend!
Love
Nat

Maria and Family said...

Amy thinking and praying for you :)
Maria

Kristi J said...

I'm sorry for your pain this past week...any updates?? I know it must be so hard to have to wait...I'll be there soon. I'll continue to pray for you guys, Kristi