Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family. It has been awhile since you posted. Life can get so busy. Funny how summer is supposed to be a *relax* time, but I find it as busy as the school year.
Remembering our time together in Ethiopia. I am glad we met A.
I started this blog to chronicle the newest path God has set before us and that is the adoption of a baby from Ethiopia. Although I am sure the adoption will be the focus over the next year, I want to include all the journeys our family takes. Right now my family is my wonderful, caring husband J and the two angels God has already given us L and E. Check-in with us periodically and see how our journey to pick up another angel on the other side of the world is going!
I am the little princess. Yes, I can share that title with my sister!
Bug
I'm 2. This is the only smile I've got!
Yordy
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5
Time in Ethiopia
I Would Gather Children
Some would gather money along the path of life. Some would gather roses, and rest from worldly strife; But, I would gather children from among the thorns of sin, I would seek a golden curl, and a freckled, toothless grin. For money cannot enter in that land of endless day, and roses that are gathered soon will wilt along the way. But, oh, the laughing children, as I cross the sunset sea, and the gates swing wide to heaven I can take them in with me. Unknown
Adoption Timeline
12/16/08 She is ours!!!
12/10/08 Court Date!
11/07/08 Court date scheduled for 12/10
10/09/08 International pediatrician appointment; officially accepted referral
10/06/08 REFERRAL!!!
9/18/08 unofficially #1
9/16/08 unofficially #3
9/12/08 Met Almaz at picnic in Battle Ground
9/04/08 #5 girls
8/16/08 Attended AGCI gathering in Lynwood
8/06/08 #10 girls, #20 overall
6/30/08 #10 girls, #20 overall
6/04/08 #19 girls, #29 overall
5/09/08 Received FDL!!
4/21/08 Officially on the wait list!!! #24 girls, #36 overall
4/04/08 Dossier off to Washington DC for authentication
4/02/08 Completed Dossier, revision accepted
3/31/08 Dossier arrived at AGCI, 1 correction to be made
3/28/08 Dossier mailed to AGCI
3/28/08 I-600a filed and fingerprinted
3/19/08 Home study approved by AGCI
3/03/08 Home study submitted to AGCI for review
3/01/08 Home study home visit
2/18/08 Second home study interview
2/17/08 First home study interview
2/12/08 Mailed last 10% of home study
2/01/08 Mailed 90% of home study
1/19/08 Attended AGCI gathering in Seattle
1/16/08 Dossier & Home study received
1/04/08 AGCI orientation phone call
12/19/07 Appplication accepted
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Ghandi
8 comments:
Too cute!!
she is so cute-I just want to pinch those chubby checks!!
LOVE IT!! What a cutie!!
That is one happy baby !!! :)
YUM!!
What a beautiful, happy, messy face.
Oh Amy! What a doll! Missing you.
Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family. It has been awhile since you posted. Life can get so busy. Funny how summer is supposed to be a *relax* time, but I find it as busy as the school year.
Remembering our time together in Ethiopia. I am glad we met A.
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
Post a Comment