Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tree of Memories

We almost didn't get a tree this year. The month seemed to be passing by so quickly. Last Sunday it started snowing during church, so we decided to take the kids out and get a tree.


Out of all the preparations for Christmas, the tree has always been my favorite. Our trees were never the fancy color-coordinated ones. Our tree is always a tree of memories. From the time I was born I received ornaments from my grandmothers to commemorate each passing year. Each special and unique in its own way. After my grandmothers passed away, my mom kept up the tradition and has added to our ornament collection each year. As I unpack them each Christmas I am reminded of the love with which each was given. At Christmas, I realize that that love is nothing compared to the perfect and unconditional love God has for each of us. I hope you all are able to find that love this season.

0 comments: